Our beautiful studio is the best Byron Bay has to offer with the most qualified and experienced yoga teachers in the Shire.
We are open every day including public holidays except Christmas and Boxing Day and New Years Day. Bookings are not necessary and a variety of classes are suitable for all levels – from Beginner to Advanced (see timetable)
Ask if you are not sure which class would best be suited to you!
Iyengar Yoga is a traditional practice that recognizes every body is different. Students are closely guided to work through challenges to achieve alignment for a balanced body and mind.
- It is considered ideal for anyone suffering from injury, for beginners and students of all ages and levels.
- Iyengar teachers undertake 4-5 years to become Certified and commit to ongoing training.
- Iyengar yoga practitioners often align the practice with the season as a way to keep in tune with nature.
What to expect
- Postures to be spoken in Sanskrit to respect the traditional ancient yoga linage of this art
- Demonstration of the postures
- Clear precise instruction
- Props if needed such as blocks/belts to assist individual needs
- Alignment adjustments and individual guidance
- An authentic Yoga experience
Iyengar Yoga Class Timetable
See time table for classes
Fees and Pricing
Book of ten – $150
Book of 5 – $80
Casual Class – $20
Beginner Courses – $60 for 5 lessons
Private Classes (1 hour 15 min) – $100 per session or 3 or more private classes – $85/session. Ask about our discount for Regular Yoga Lounge students
Groups (1hr 15 mins) – $100 plus $10 per person
Gift vouchers available.
4th - 12 January 2020
A hop away from Bali - experience the magic of Yogyakarta - the Art and Cultural Centre of Indonesia - on this 8 night Yoga retreat with a difference! Java offers stunning scenery – from ancient Hindu and Buddhist monuments, you will visit Borobudur one of the 7 wonders of the world.
2019 dates TBA
Caroline is a Senior Iyengar teacher. The aim of her teaching is to encourage each yogi to find a way into the asanas, emotionally, physically and spiritually, in order to develop the spirit itself.
About Byron Yoga Lounge
We offer daily Iyengar classes, Workshops, Overseas Retreats, yoga/accommodation packages, and private and individualized yoga sessions.
Liz Costigan, who is the founder of the Byron Yoga Lounge, combines her two passions – yoga and traveling – to offer Yoga Retreats both locally and to Cambodia, Yogyakarta and Japan.
Liz is an experienced traveler and shares her vast travel and yoga experience to ensure that each individual has an enlightening and enriching experience.
Iyengar Yoga is the world’s most widely practiced method of yoga, and is suitable for all ages, levels and those with injuries.