Dreams are the seeds of change. Nothing ever grows without a seed, and nothing ever changes without a dream….
We will now be offering weekend classes only in Byron and look forward to offering classes and workshops in the near future in Alstonville and Wollongbar.
I would like to express my gratitude and thanks to the the beautiful Iyengar community for the years of ongoing support you have given us. As I embrace the changes – I trust we will still remain connected on our yoga paths.
For now we will hold classes at the former space
Sat – 430-6 pm – General – with Dave Bambach (email – firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone Dave – 0407 956 424
Sun – 10 -1130 am – Restorative – with Liz Costigan (Contact through Webpage)
Tues – 530-645 – General – with Liz Costigan
Future Classes will be announced as we move with the changes….
Iyengar Yoga is a traditional practice that recognizes every body is different. Students are closely guided to work through challenges to achieve alignment for a balanced body and mind.
- It is considered ideal for anyone suffering from injury, for beginners and students of all ages and levels.
- Iyengar teachers undertake 4-5 years to become Certified and commit to ongoing training.
- Iyengar yoga practitioners often align the practice with the season as a way to keep in tune with nature.
What to expect
- Postures to be spoken in Sanskrit to respect the traditional ancient yoga linage of this art
- Demonstration of the postures
- Clear precise instruction
- Props if needed such as blocks/belts to assist individual needs
- Alignment adjustments and individual guidance
- An authentic Yoga experience
Iyengar Yoga Class Timetable
Byron Bay and Alstonville
See time table for classes
Fees and Pricing
Intro Offer for new local students only – 3 classes for $30
Book of ten – $150
Book of 5 – $80
Casual Class – $20
Private Classes (1 hour 15 min) – $100 per session /or 3 or more private classes – $85/session. Ask about our discount for Regular Yoga Lounge students
Groups (1hr 15 mins) – $100 plus $10 per person
Gift vouchers available.
Due to travel restrictions we will postpone until 2021
Watch life in a small traditional village surrounded by breathtaking views of mountains and valleys... temples and shrines to explore... indoor and outdoor baths in which to relax
About Byron Yoga Lounge
We offer daily Iyengar classes, Workshops, Overseas Retreats, yoga/accommodation packages, and private and individualized yoga sessions.
Liz Costigan, who is the founder of the Byron Yoga Lounge, combines her two passions – yoga and traveling – to offer Yoga Retreats both locally and overseas.
Liz is an experienced traveler and shares her vast travel and yoga experience to ensure that each individual has an enlightening and enriching experience.
Iyengar Yoga is the world’s most widely practiced method of yoga, and is suitable for all ages, levels and those with injuries.