- Tuesday 5.30-645 pm Beginners Iyengar
- Thursday 6- 7.15 am Iyengar
- Saturday 7 – 830 am – General/Beginners welcome
- 9-11am – 1st Saturday each month – 2 hour themed Intensive (Liz)
- Sunday 10-11.30am Restorative Yoga (Liz)
Liz is an experienced and Certified Iyengar yoga teacher who established the Byron Yoga Lounge in 2004 – and has taught regular classes locally and has conducted overseas Retreats for many years. She has now moved all her classes to Alstonville to establish Plateau Life Yoga. Liz has a daily practice and is passionate about enabling all levels to experience the benefits of a yoga practice.
The classes will be general and suitable for all levels.
Iyengar Yoga is a traditional practice that recognizes every body is different. Students are closely guided to work through challenges to achieve alignment for a balanced body and mind.
- It is considered ideal for anyone suffering from injury, for beginners and students of all ages and levels.
- Iyengar teachers undertake 4-5 years to become Certified and commit to ongoing training.
- Iyengar yoga practitioners often align the practice with the season as a way to keep in tune with nature.
What to expect
- Postures to be spoken in Sanskrit to respect the traditional ancient yoga linage of this art
- Demonstration of the postures
- Clear precise instruction
- Props if needed such as blocks/belts to assist individual needs
- Alignment adjustments and individual guidance
- An authentic Yoga experience
Explanation of Class Levels
Foundations/Beginners These classes are suitable for all ages and fitness levels. They are ideal for people with no yoga experience, or people wanting to consolidate the basics. The classes introduce the foundations of Iyengar yoga in a structured and safe environment.
General These classes are suitable for all levels and beginners are catered for. Students continue to consolidate basics, and are introduced to poses such as inversions and backbends.
Led Practice Led practice encourages students to develop concentration and observation in their practice. Asana names are called by the teacher who demonstrates the pose. There is no instruction.
Restorative It is a gentle class with a focus on supported yoga poses that offers a restful and restorative approach to the classical yoga poses. Suitable for all levels.