New classes to start with Liz Costigan in October at the gorgeous Alstonville RSL hall which was built in 1919! Liz is an experienced and Certified Iyengar yoga teacher who established the Byron Yoga Lounge in 2004 – and has taught regular classes locally and has conducted overseas Retreats for many years. She has a daily practice and is passionate about enabling all levels to experience the benefits of a yoga practice.
The classes will be general and suitable for all levels.
Iyengar Yoga is a traditional practice that recognizes every body is different. Students are closely guided to work through challenges to achieve alignment for a balanced body and mind.
- It is considered ideal for anyone suffering from injury, for beginners and students of all ages and levels.
- Iyengar teachers undertake 4-5 years to become Certified and commit to ongoing training.
- Iyengar yoga practitioners often align the practice with the season as a way to keep in tune with nature.
Classes start November 5th
Tuesdays – 530-645pm
Fridays – 0600 – 0715 am
Check website for Beginners courses
What to expect
- Postures to be spoken in Sanskrit to respect the traditional ancient yoga linage of this art
- Demonstration of the postures
- Clear precise instruction
- Props if needed such as blocks/belts to assist individual needs
- Alignment adjustments and individual guidance
- An authentic Yoga experience